Straight 25, 50, 75, & 100 in Sporting Clays
VTSSC Club awards achievement patches on the Sporting Clays Field. The awards recognize clay shooting achievements for breaking 25, 50, 75 & 100 clays "Straight".
In addition, Blackjack Shooting Grounds is offering an additional award when members achieve straight breaks of 50 & 100 on the sporting clays field. Blackjack will award "50" clays to members shooting a straight 50 and "1000" (One Thousand) clays to members shooting 100 straight.
To participate the following rules, apply.
1. Attempts by VTSSC members to shoot for straight awards are done on "TUESDAY'S ONLY" or during a VTSSC Club Tournament when 50 or more clays are thrown. No extra charges/fees for straight attempts by VTSSC or Blackjack. Standard Tuesday Discount Day shoot cards or bulk cards are used.
2. On Tuesday's members pick up a Blackjack Printed Score Sheet. Any sporting clays course can be shot. Print the shooters name, gauge shooting and course name. (Orange, Black, Blue). There is no handicap for Sub gauge.
3. Once the shooter starts on a declared sporting clays field (Orange, Black, Blue) only the declared course can be shot for straight attempts. Shooters must start at station 1 and following in continuing order. (1, 2, 3, etc.). If a station in continuing order is closed that station can be skipped, marking the score card as such. (Example station 3 out of order). If this occurs the shooter will continue to attempt clays on the remaining stations.
4. The shooter must attempt 50 clays during the round. The score card must show a minimum of 50 or more attempts. Stopping with a straight 25 will not be accepted.
5. Shooter will score by following the number of pairs for each station on the Blackjack score sheet. Shooter will follow the Blackjack shooting stand "Menu" printed and placed in each station. The "Menu" will read how pairs are presented. (Example: Report, True, Single).
6. Before the round begins shooter must have a witness while shooting for straight 25, 50. Attempting breaks to achieve straight 75 & 100 the shooter must have three witnesses. All witnesses are permitted to shoot along with those attempting straight status. All witnesses must "legibly" sign the score card upon achievement of any of the straight attempts.
7. Only shooters achieving a straight 25 or better need to return the score card to the Blackjack desk. Blackjack will collect the score card and the VTSSC Match Officer will collect weekly.
8. Awards are presented during the VTSSC Monthly Meeting.
Contact Bruce Johnsen, Match Officer for additional help & information: